How Do You Get Your News?



Now-a-days it's seems to be more and more difficult to determine the difference between what is real and fake news. A lot of news today is real at the core but fluffed up with false information to make it seem more drastic. News outlets have turned into gossip channels and sharing the best and most wanted gift to get your kids this Christmas. I know that a lot of the sources I use to get my news are not reliable and should always questioned but I do not go out searching for news. I stumble upon it. I don't look for the news, the news just finds me. Here are five outlets that news ends up finding me.

Tik Tok is my left-leaning liberal happy place. I am definitely on the side of Tik Tok that strongly dislikes Trump. As much as I also disapprove of him, I fully understand that the information being fed to me can be fueled by hate. I have been using the app since October of 2018, which is a lot earlier than other users joined. Before 2020 I used Tik Tok as a form of entertainment but since the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement and ongoing updates with the Coronavirus I have accepted the fact that it is now my main form of news. I follow left-leaning pages such as nowthispolotics and nowthis but also accounts that focus on presenting updates with current events.

When on Twitter, I am mostly looking to hear people's opinions on things. So if I hear of a big new story I will immediately go to twitter to see if it is trending as well as see what people have to say about it. The accounts that I follow on twitter do not discuss news and mostly just tweet random funny thoughts they have about their day. 

On Snapchat, I like to browse the stories' features and am subscribed to accounts such as Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, YouTuber News, Buzzfeed, and Now This. A majority of this is entertainment news, but that is my preferred genre of news. Although I don't watch all of these accounts post every day it is mostly something I will look through once I have to watch all of the stories that my friends have posted.

Besides Tik Tok, I spend most of my free time on Youtube. I am not subscribed to any world news channels but am subscribed to some channels that keep up with influencers. Besides the subscription tab, there is a section for "Trending" on that page if there are any videos that catch my interest I'll watch them but usually just browse to see what is trending at the moment. Within the trending tab, there are subcategories of videos such as music, gaming, news, movies, fashion, and beauty. 

I no longer watch this show on my own but since around 2013, my parents have watched it religiously and every Sunday morning I could hear the trumpets every week at 9 am. If I was ever nearby during the opening, I would see what they were covering for the episode and if I saw anything that piqued my interest I would stay and watch but a majority of the time it was just background music while I did my homework. This new source is a change of pace from the ones above because of how slow-paced it is. A lot of the stories presents are ver slow and focus on people in the music industry, which I always enjoyed watching. The show makes you feel very calm and although it may not be my favorite I understand why my parents enjoy it so much.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Rewind

The Smith-Mundt Act